Friday, April 13, 2007

$$$$Deja Vu...All Over Again$$$$

After my son won the $600.00 on the radio contest, he came to me and said, "Did you know ______ station has a contest going on now? It's a secret sound you have to guess."

Great I love new contests. People ask me what radio station I listen to. I tell them, "Whoever pays me the most at the time." I'm not terribly particular when there's money involved, although I just couldn't keep the rap station going long enough to win tickets to a concert for my daughter.

This new secret sound contest started our great. I had the answer several times, but as with most contests, I just couldn't get through. I think you can get through easier on cell phones, though. I told this to my secretary today when she wanted to try and win. She doesn't have a radio by her desk, mind you. She asked me to tell her when they were playing and give her the answer to the secret sound. I'm a pushover and a darn generous guy, so I did. We still didn't get through the first time of the day, but the person who did get through guessed wrong.

The next time she went to her car to smoke and listen to the radio and try to win on her cell phone. I called and the phone started ringing after only a few tries and I was the correct caller to try and win. The sound, by the way, is the one your straw makes in a soft drink or milk shake when you pull it up and down through the hole. You all know the sound...that annoying sound all our kids have made a million times.

They say when someone says they are going to make a long story short, it's already too late. Needless to say, I did win. Only $250.00. That's getting to be small potatos around our household of prize winnings, but I'll tell you what, it sure makes the meager funds in the checkbook go a lot farther for this family.

I think Friday the 13th is a pretty lucky day after all.

Twist