Thursday, August 6, 2009

Radio Active

I good friend of mine just convinced me into applying for membership in the Texas State Army MARS radio organization. Of course I haven't been officially accepted yet, but this is a part of the Texas State Guard and assists the military in operations, especially emergencies such as hurricanes. My friend also loaned me some equipment, which I'm sure would be a while before I could afford to buy it on my own. Now I'm hoping to learn the ropes to be able to be of use to anyone. I'm also hoping more of my family will get ham radio licenses and equipment so we can talk if other means of communication are down. Lonehawk is licensed and I am looking forward to talking to him. I still have considerable adjustments to make to my antenna, but I've been able to talk to my friend on his radio already. Wow. I can talk at least a mile...

It will get better.

Twist