Saturday, July 12, 2008

All We Need is Love

I have discovered why so many teenagers and others get on facebook and myspace. While I don't have a myspace account, I do now have a facebook. Initially I signed up so I could view some group photos of a camp I recently helped as an adult leader. Shortly after signing up, I began to accumulate friends on my facebook account. People requested to be my friend, I asked others to be my friend. This is the true secret. We all want friends. We all want to be wanted. In the world of youth, this is of ultimate importance. As an adult, it's not so bad either. Friends I know, friends who have moved away, friends I had forgotten about, friends I don't even know. I find myself wanting to request friends that are young , old, and unknown just to show my friend count higher and higher. And if one of your friends writes on your wall, well that is akin to having your house teepeed. It's not done out of hate or dislike. You only teepee your friends.

That's about all I can write for now. I need to see if anyone's replied to my friends requests on facebook.

Twist.