Monday, February 11, 2008

Oh, Crud...

I was sitting in a worldwide satellite training meeting Saturday and enjoying the meeting when I started to notice the perfume fragrance coming from the lady in front of me. My favorite perfume is White Shoulders, and I'm pretty sure that's what she was wearing. My normal reaction to the smell of that perfume is a euphoric stupor. I get lost in the fragrance and lose my train of thought. This time there were a few other reactions I hadn't counted on such as watery eyes and congestion. I thought, hoped, that it was just an allergic reaction to a strong perfume, but as Sunday came and went, I realized I had caught the crud.

I can't complain much. I don't remember the last time I had a cold/flu, but the timing could have been better. Sunday morning my wife and I had a speaking assignment in Church in a nearby town. Fortunately the bulk of the systems didn't hit until later in the evening. Unfortunately, my youngest daughter was in a production of the 10 Virgins at Church. I was so sick by then I couldn't bring myself to go and expose other people.

Wednesday, I'll be travelling to Ft Worth for some important training for my work. As much as I'd rather not expose people at work, I really need to go to the training, so will go, handkerchiefs in hand, and hope for the best.

I did finally hear what is going on at work. One of our field personnel is leaving this month and I will go back to working in the field. I will work the entire eastern half of the Texas panhandle. It's a huge area and there is no way a single person can adequately do everything that needs to be done, but at least I will be getting large travel checks.

See you on the dusty trails, roads or whatever.

Twist

PS

I've been off work for two days with fever, chills, aches, sniffing and sneezing. After waiting two hours in the doctor's office today, the test results were positive for the flu. I'll be off work the rest of the week. Hmm, I've lost five pounds, I'll be off a full week of work.

I'm sure there's a downside to this somewhere.

Twist